Monday, September 21, 2009

The waiting game

I am waiting again. I do wonder if part of the PC weeding out process is having people wait. Realistically, I know the reasons for the waiting - there are a lot of applicants, they have a lot of paperwork to get through, etc. I also know I am fortunate to have been nominated in late July for a position starting February 2010, rather than a full year out like most people. Nevertheless, the waiting kind of stinks.

Now, granted, it stinks partially because I have been unemployed a long time and have a lot of time to kill during the day. I've been creative, and have also applied for position after position - both temporary and permanent. After making the decision to really go for PC though, I am finding myself wanting things to just happen already...

I sent in my medical packet on Sept. 4, and it took a whopping ten days to get to Washington, D.C. - had I know it would take so long, I would have sent it overnight! My dental paperwork cleared within a couple of days, and I got the standard note about medical:
"Peace Corps received the results of your physical exam on September 16, 2009. If the program you are nominated for is not scheduled to leave in the next 4 months you may not hear from Medical until the time of departure is closer. Currently those programs scheduled to leave in the next 4 months are being reviewed. For applicants leaving within 4 months Peace Corps may request additional medical information. Please respond quickly to these requests."

I guess since it is September and February is technically more than four months away, I will be waiting for a while. Rats.

No comments:

Post a Comment