Friday, January 15, 2010

Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow

Tomorrow is going to be a difficult day for me. I am moving out of this house that I bought in 2003 and, with my dad's help, completely renovated, then had to sell for less than I owe. Tomorrow I also have to give up my cats to their new daddy.

It is hard to not be somewhat philosophical and wonder about all this, while I am in the middle of it. Thinking about the circumstances that led me to this point in my life, which is one of the lowest, truth be told. While I am cautiously optimistic about my future with Peace Corps (honestly, it won't seem "real" to me until I am actually over in Ukraine. Too many things could happen between now and the end of March), I am trying to overcome the feelings associated with my current situation.

So far I have been handling it well but I have a feeling that sometime early next week, after I close on the house, I will have some sort of emotional reaction, and it won't be a good one. I am trying to see the silver lining, but it is obscured by the big black cloud right now.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Karin, I am sorry that you are having a hard time. Transition is never easy, so they tell me. That just sucks about the house and the kitties.... You are a wonderful person making a beautiful sacrifice to make the world better. To improve not only on yourself but the on the lives of those in Ukraine.

    ReplyDelete