Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A new home for the kitties, mama's still waiting



Thanks to assistance from my friends, it looks like my kitties will soon have a new, loving home! A friend of a friend has recently moved back to the area and is closing on his house today, and he wants an "older" (why is nine years considered an old cat?! They live to 16 or so!) bonded pair. I talked to him for a while on the phone and could tell from the way he talked about the kitties he had to leave with his ex that he is going to be a good dad to my two loves. This has taken a big


weight off my shoulders - I was more worried about them being in a good home than about anything else. I've even made a couple of new friends because of this!



Speaking of other goings-on, the house sale seems to be moving along. My realtor sent in the information that the bank requested, and right now I'm waiting for them to move through their process. They provided a timeline that starts as of the day they get the completed information, and from the timeline it looks like I will likely close in mid to late December. Of course, the bank is the one who will make this call, but that's my estimate. After that, I am officially homeless, and a kind friend has offered me a room in her house until it is time to leave.



Leaving for the PC assignment, for which I am waiting for the invite, still. A lot of people have been receiving their invites for Jan-Feb-Mar 2010, but I am remaining patient because PC has had A LOT going on in Africa. I still have three months to February, and even though I would like to know now where I am going I am trusting the process, that I will soon hear from the Placement Officer. It is tempting to speculate based on the information on the PC Wiki, where people are posting their staging dates. I am trying to resist that temptation though!

4 comments:

  1. Hooray! Jax, GiGi, and I are so happy that Midnight & Nala have a new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karin!

    Thank you for your comment, I enjoyed reading your blog and I appreciate the help! One of my friends is in Mozambique, returning around September, just about the time my nomination states I'd be departing if all goes well.

    I'm glad your cats have found a home!

    Chelsie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad some good news came your way.

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, not speculating IS the hardest!!! I resisted until about a week ago, but at this point I just can't stop myself anymore. Today, I bought winter boots and long underwear (awesome if I go to Kyrgyzstan like I think I will, not so useful if I go somewhere with a super hot climate :P).

    ReplyDelete