Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Invite


Happy Hanukkah to me! My invite came in today's mail.


Dear Karin,


Congratulations! it is with great pleasure that we invite you to begin training in Ukraine for Peace Corps service. You will be joining thousands of Americans who are building stronger communities around the world. This call to action gives you the opportunity to learn new skills and find the best in yourself.


The letter continues on, but you all get the "gist" - on March 29, 2010, I leave for staging.


Time to start re-learning Russian...

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Karin! I'm thrilled you finally received the invitation and have at least one thing that is certain in your future (as certain as anything ever is). I look forward to hearing more about your assignment, and I hope you continue blogging! Happy Hanukah! Marla Kapperud

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most excellent Karin! It had to come to pass, sooner or later. My best wishes to you. I have a good contact in Kiev. I will pass the info on to you in the next week or so.

    Happy Hanukah! Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I'm a group 37er - we swear-in tomorrow!! It's going to be a very exciting time for you these next few months :) Let me know if you have any questions about packing, etc: linnea.viktoria@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations on Uki! I was almost invited there but they couldn't medically accommodate me :( All I reaaaaaally know about Ukraine tho is that I looooove Ukrainian food, so maybe its best I wasn't sent there, for my weight and all....haha ;) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Ukraine it is! Congratulations and thanks for all the advice you have given me thus far. It is good to have someone who can offer advice who has already been through the process! 3 short months to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH Karin!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!

    If the Ukraine is anything like Russia was for me... No doubt it will be incredible!

    ReplyDelete